ORANGE PARK – Over the last few months, we know many of our friends and neighbors have lost their health insurance. This can cause a lot of stress. Orange Park Medical Center is now offering an …
ORANGE PARK – Over the last few months, we know many of our friends and neighbors have lost their health insurance. This can cause a lot of stress. Orange Park Medical Center is now offering an insurance hotline.
If you need insurance coverage option assistance, call (833) 867-8771 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
“Throughout the last two months, we’ve been focused on taking care of our patients, colleagues, physicians and our community. This service is simply an extension of that work,” said Lisa R. Valentine, Chief Executive Officer of Orange Park Medical Center. “We know this pandemic has affected everyone in our community in different ways, and we believe this hotline can help make a difference for those that have found themselves without coverage and worried about their health needs.”
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
• Continuing your employer's existing plan if you have recently lost your job (COBRA and other options)
• Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
• Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
• Medicaid: Government healthcare for those that meet certain criteria
• State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a changing life event
The hospital is not representing any insurance companies or selling insurance plans. Their goal is to get information to those in need, so they can confidently manage their healthcare. There is no cost for this service. Orange Park Medical Center has also supported the community with a hotline for COVID-19 related health questions throughout the pandemic.